Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Pics
Actually yes :)

At least five feet. I'm going to do either five or six. Six would be a total pain to put up since it would be taller than me and the gate would be a nightmare to deal with I'm sure.
six food fence and use a dog kennel panel for a gate... you can hinge the panel for driving a vehicle in if you need it.... but the kennel panel will have a human gate in it for easy access. They have gravity latches that can be secured by a padlock.

my whole poultry coop is made of these panels....

t_16724.jpg
gate panel they flip over to use on the other side.... latches bolt on.

http://afence.com/store/Chainlink-Dog-Kennels/

deb

Do they hatch easily on their own, or likely to need assistance?

Luckily they pretty much hatch on their own. After they internally pip, they have an air supply that could last them three days, but most of them are out within 24 hours of internal pip according to what I have read.

Are you supposed to let Emus have access to batheing water? I've heard they are good swimmers.

Mine will have a pool! They do like to swim. They don't need a pool, but it will make them happy so they'll have one. Probably will have to share with ducks and geese though, lol.

Commenting to subscribe! I want to hatch emu eggs so bad! But I’m not sure how big of an incubator would be needed? Especially when they are ready to hatch, how tall does the incubator need to be?

I am using a ten gallon aquarium that I turned into an incubator. I would make sure that the incubator is tall enough that they could stand up in it if there's a chance you wouldn't be able to move them right to a brooder after they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom