Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Don't drag us all into your geekiness.
I’m actually listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks for the umpteenth time as we speak. I’ve also read physical copies of the books as well. Gosh, I think the last time I read a book was back before I started grad school in 2012. Once I was done grad school, I got preggers. Audible is a wonderful thing!

I haven't seen it either! Don't care a bit about it...

I was six when the first book came out. My mom would still read to me before bed at that time, and she chose that book to read to me. We both liked it, so so we kept reading them :) So it's a large part of my childhood.

I was six when the first book came out. My mom would still read to me before bed at that time, and she chose that book to read to me. We both liked it, so so we kept reading them :) So it's a large part of my childhood.
For some reason, I thought you were older than me. I was 11 when the first book came out. However, I didn’t read them until I was in college.

For some reason, I thought you were older than me. I was 11 when the first book came out. However, I didn’t read them until I was in college.

Totally thought Pyxis was older than me! Guess the Star Wars Reference confused me. I'm old,Let's just say it wasn't butter beer I was drinking when Harry Potter came out. Also just hacking on you, The potter franchise is pretty cool. I read Tolkien (spelling) and C.S. Lewis growing up so.....it' tough embrace any other British wrighter's fantasy world. Only read the first potter book, than just the movies. Lazy I guess. My cousin worked at Universial, so I have really SEEN the theme park, and I will say it's pretty cool. Truth be told I'm old school geek. Had a pig named Ham solo.

For some reason, I thought you were older than me.

Totally thought Pyxis was older than me!

I get that a lot online. Not sure why, haha. But I don't mind. In person it's the opposite. Last year I was at a swap selling birds and got asked if I was doing it for 4H because the woman thought I was 14. And it keeps happening to me at poultry shows too; people think I'm showing as a junior. Nope, I'm in Open, lol. And too honest, because they keep trying to give me discounts on birds for being a junior and I keep telling them I should pay full price :rolleyes:

Guess the Star Wars Reference confused me.

I'm a Star Wars fan :) That nickname actually came from this thread! A friend of mine called me that in here, and I thought it was hilarious, and so my user title was born.

Love the name of the pig! I had an ayam cemani rooster named Vader.

Star wars came out in 77 I saw each movie in the theaters at least four times... That was before VCRS.... In 77 I was 22.... I read the Harry Potter books before the Movies came out. :th:old

deb
The ones that were written before the movies came out, though, right? I was a real late comer to the series and even I had to wait for the last book.

Back
Top Bottom