Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

It's a bummer. A reason you don't upload to BYC instead?

Laziness, lol. I would have had to download them from Google Photos, then upload them, or get the SD card out of my camera.

Here's my current avatar, from when they were newly hatched, uploaded to BYC. This one won't vanish like the other ones do:

blonde chicks uncropped.JPG

While going through my Pictures folder:

20170606_154332.jpg

Found this photo in the archives. I called him 'Dark Male.' He was in orbit for several weeks, and you see how close he came. (It's not impossible that he has been to the farmhouse before.) Fairly sure the female in the fore-ground is Number One.

Anyway, isn't he fine! The wild birds are rarely -- for obvious reasons -- as groomed and glossy looking as your birds. But for a truly wild
emooo, he's a fine fine specimen. He's big, sassy, great toosh plumage, and the solid black on the neck is most unusual.

SE

While going through my Pictures folder:

View attachment 1805261

Found this photo in the archives. I called him 'Dark Male.' He was in orbit for several weeks, and you see how close he came. (It's not impossible that he has been to the farmhouse before.) Fairly sure the female in the fore-ground is Number One.

Anyway, isn't he fine! The wild birds are rarely -- for obvious reasons -- as groomed and glossy looking as your birds. But for a truly wild
emooo, he's a fine fine specimen. He's big, sassy, great toosh plumage, and the solid black on the neck is most unusual.

SE

He's a handsome guy!

So, Old Guy's favourite thing -- because he's clearly nuts -- is walking in the winter rain. Today I went to a pasture that 'comes on' early in autumn/winter. And I found wild horses! Sat down. V. v. quiet. And watched. Then about twenty minutes later, right behind, I heard quiet gurking. Looking carefully around, a wild male emu was quietly cruising past. He was spooked by me, but didn't bolt. Most enjoyable aftneroon.

SE

Tooshtoosh -- who is he?

He and Limpychick (female) are the last two of Eric's 'chicks' we have contact with. He went bush about two months ago -- certainly to the south, where the wild emoooz are. And we wondered how he would get on as a 'first-season breeder.'

Well, he turned up yesterday with a fine-looking female in tow. Watch this space.

SE

Back
Top Bottom