Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

Eww, wouldn't it be rotten?

Actually I've blown out some that were incubated before and they weren't rotten and didn't smell. That's because they were infertile, though. If one had started to develop and then died, yeah, that would be bad, lol.

My Dad was all about teaching us kids stuff about the Australian bush. So, we’re walking across this paddock in the middle of nowhere, and there’s this emu egg just sitting on the ground. ‘You can ‘blow’ an emu egg,’ says Dad. ‘Bring it home and I’ll show you.’

Okay, so, ‘blowing an emu egg’ (he explained) meant that you could empty it out, and keep the shell as a curiosity.

That evening, we all sat around the kitchen table, while dad started gently drilling, with a tiny bit from the tool shed, on one end of the egg.

When he got through, there was an audible ‘pop,’ and ten seconds later the entire family had evacuated to the front yard: the stench of the thing was astonishing, enough to peel paint off walls. Yours truly got the job of getting it from the house, and flinging it into a ditch down the road.

My Dad was all about teaching us kids stuff about the Australian bush. So, we’re walking across this paddock in the middle of nowhere, and there’s this emu egg just sitting on the ground. ‘You can ‘blow’ an emu egg,’ says Dad. ‘Bring it home and I’ll show you.’

Okay, so, ‘blowing an emu egg’ (he explained) meant that you could empty it out, and keep the shell as a curiosity.

That evening, we all sat around the kitchen table, while dad started gently drilling, with a tiny bit from the tool shed, on one end of the egg.

When he got through, there was an audible ‘pop,’ and ten seconds later the entire family had evacuated to the front yard: the stench of the thing was astonishing, enough to peel paint off walls. Yours truly got the job of getting it from the house, and flinging it into a ditch down the road.
I think goose eggs win the competition for the smelliest rotten eggs.
I have had some nasty experiences :lol:

Back
Top Bottom