Pyxis' Emu Chat Thread

It looks like I will be incubating my first emu eggs here in a few days. A friend of mine picked up 3 from auction last night and since I do all his incubation, I get the privilege lol. Any advice? I have a GQF 1202 cabinet with very little in it right now. I was thinking of removing the middle rack and putting these on the bottom rack, making some kind of "nest" to hold them in place so they rotate automatically and I'd flip them over completely every now and then also. And what about humidity for these? I usually keep my incubator between 25-35%... well that be ok for these or do they need higher? Thanks!

It looks like I will be incubating my first emu eggs here in a few days. A friend of mine picked up 3 from auction last night and since I do all his incubation, I get the privilege lol. Any advice? I have a GQF 1202 cabinet with very little in it right now. I was thinking of removing the middle rack and putting these on the bottom rack, making some kind of "nest" to hold them in place so they rotate automatically and I'd flip them over completely every now and then also. And what about humidity for these? I usually keep my incubator between 25-35%... well that be ok for these or do they need higher? Thanks!

Congrats! Mine are in a 1502. I made a tray out of wood to hold them and it works very well.

Whatever you have in there would have to be moved out though so you can drop the temperature to 97.5.

Weigh the eggs to track moisture loss. Humidity is usually going to want to be around 35%.

Also, might I have recently bought some hen saddles from you on Etsy? Lol.

Congrats! Mine are in a 1502. I made a tray out of wood to hold them and it works very well.

Whatever you have in there would have to be moved out though so you can drop the temperature to 97.5.

Weigh the eggs to track moisture loss. Humidity is usually going to want to be around 35%.

Also, might I have recently bought some hen saddles from you on Etsy? Lol.

Ok, I guess I'll set up my hova bator for these instead. I was going to get out of hand turning every day lol. Thank you for the info!

Maybe you did get saddles from me recently lol. Are you the one that wanted the pumpkin fabric?

Egg D is talking to me today :) Today or tomorrow are looking like they might be the day.

It's a nice pick-me-up since yesterday was very sad. I had to put my 21 year old kitty to sleep.

That's exciting that one is talking! How long do they take? I'm sorry about your kitty. I know how hard that is :(

Maybe you did get saddles from me recently lol. Are you the one that wanted the pumpkin fabric?

That's exciting that one is talking! How long do they take? I'm sorry about your kitty. I know how hard that is :(

I'm pretty sure you custom made a couple saddles for my ko shamos :)

Eggs take 50 days to hatch, if you do them at 97.5.

Thank you, I really miss her. I keep coming around corners expecting to see her, and then remembering.

I'm pretty sure you custom made a couple saddles for my ko shamos :)

Oh yeah! I've been wondering how they turned out. Do they fit better now?

I ended up setting up my Hova bator for them. I need to add a dish of water though because I can't get the humidity above 20%. Temp is at 97.3 but I'm slowly getting it to where it needs to be.

Back
Top Bottom