Quack sexing??

YarrowFarms

Chirping
Jul 6, 2022
NE NC
I've seen this mentioned a couple times, but what in the world is quack sexing???
Is this a tried and true method, or is it more like *you're carrying low so it's a boy* old wives tale?

So I have one who is quacking and one who is still cheeping, both six weeks old, both very vocal. The quacker would be a hen and the one who's still cheeping would be my Drake? (I'm guessing he's a Drake anyway because he's getting a green sheen to his black feathers.)
I'd bet the quacking is a hen, but the other may be either a hen or a drake. In our experience, it's a little later than six weeks old to be sure.

Voice is the way we first sex our ducks. Because the drakes don't quack, we get a read on who is a hen and who is a drake by the ducks vocalizations before plumage.
So I have one who is quacking and one who is still cheeping, both six weeks old, both very vocal. The quacker would be a hen and the one who's still cheeping would be my Drake? (I'm guessing he's a Drake anyway because he's getting a green sheen to his black feathers.)

Back
Top Bottom