Quack-shack

Mine don't care how cold it is They will swim. That part is mostly up to you wether or not you want to deal with freezing water and such. Personally I found it easier to just do away with swimming water during long periods of freezing weather.
But the first year I had just two call ducks I used a bird bath heater to keep their pool open all winter and it didn't hurt them one bit. No frostbite or anything. .but they did have a dry house to go get in whenever they got too cold.
I believe the consensus from what I've read around here is that as long as you provide a dry place where they can get out of the wind they should fine.
Maybe you could use some plastic sheeting or clear shower curtains to put around just part of your run? :)
You said it all!:goodpost:

Glad to read that your husband is mending well.

This is my winter fix. The north side and a portion of the east side has been covered with a drop cloth, tacked into place with a few rubber washer roofing nails. Of course the have a solids wooden south and western wall. Do you think this is enough? The ground is all muddy, because it won’t stop raining long enough to add another layer of straw. Although my coop is covered, it’s on a hill, do the ground gets wet unfortunately. They don’t seem to mind one bit though. Lol

Attachments

• AE905CDC-DC81-4D8D-85E8-04A885451E87.jpeg
    AE905CDC-DC81-4D8D-85E8-04A885451E87.jpeg
    722.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 7A63CE8A-40CB-46F8-9437-16E0E0D251DB.jpeg
    7A63CE8A-40CB-46F8-9437-16E0E0D251DB.jpeg
    821.5 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom