Quail bedding ??

The quail obsessed person

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2020
Hey there,
I have got nine 2 day old quail I'm my brooder and the bedding is already starting to smell . At the moment I have wood shavings down and I was wondering of anyone had any suggestions on when to clear it out and what to use instead as it is a big waste .
Many thanks .

Hey there,
I have got nine 2 day old quail I'm my brooder and the bedding is already starting to smell . At the moment I have wood shavings down and I was wondering of anyone had any suggestions on when to clear it out and what to use instead as it is a big waste .
Many thanks .
There should not be much of a smell with nine two day old chicks.
I have raised many in a tub in the house. The only time they smelled is when the bedding became damp from the water dish. Some water dishes are terrible for letting water into the bedding. This happens when wood shavings get into the water container and over its lip. The shavings act as a sponge pulling the water up and out making the pen wet and smelly.

There should not be much of a smell with nine two day old chicks.
I have raised many in a tub in the house. The only time they smelled is when the bedding became damp from the water dish. Some water dishes are terrible for letting water into the bedding. This happens when wood shavings get into the water container and over its lip. The shavings act as a sponge pulling the water up and out making the pen wet and smelly.
OK Thanks I will look into getting a new water container. Thanks for you help.

Back
Top Bottom