Quail Belgian D'Anver roo. Oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickens in the Grove, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Chickens in the Grove

Chickens in the Grove Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2010
    Oregon
    This little guy was born on September 20. We got him from a hatchery. The Belgians were straight run, so we bought 3 of them in hopes of getting a girl! So, this little guy's our extra roo. We've never shipped a chicken, so we'd prefer to place him locally. But, if you're interested, we might be able to work something out.

The first picture was taken on day 1 and the second's just a couple days ago. If you'd like more pictures, we have pretty much a week by week photo album and can take some new ones. He seems like a fine rooster, has the rose comb like he's supposed to! He's not as dominant as some of our other roos, but he's starting to grow into a personality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you're interested, we also have a Golden Laced Wyandotte and Golden Laced Polish roo. We're looking for some Golden Laced Polish chicks if you're interested in trading.

2. JosieChick

JosieChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Lyman, ME
    Hi,

I have one of these little guys that I pulled out of the bantam bin at the feed store! I am glad I found your listing because I had no idea what he was until now! Is yours crowing yet because mine is already trying his hardest. Very cute little guy. [​IMG]

3. Chickens in the Grove

Chickens in the Grove Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2010
    Oregon
    Quote:I absolutely fell in love with them the first time I saw them! They're such a good little breed.

Right now we have 4 roos and none of them have started crowing yet, but they're definitely trying to! They're making this deep clucking sound, though. That's one of the reason's we're trying to find our extra roos new homes. They're running out of room in the brooder, starting to make some dominance plays, and getting a little noisy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by