Quail color identification examples (adult/fully feathered)

Beautiful :) I noticed it sitting on a shoulder - funny because I find my Goldies the calmest and friendliest of them all.
she's a bird from last year. they got eaten by a racoon. i just wanted to know what kind she was :) this bird is the same. she wouldn't run off when we put her down on a table or any high places :)

she's a bird from last year. they got eaten by a racoon. i just wanted to know what kind she was :) this bird is the same. she wouldn't run off when we put her down on a table or any high places :)

So sorry to hear that you lost her :(

I have to admit there is not much info out there on Golden Giants - I was thinking of creating a page about them. I will stop being lazy and get on it soon.

These quails are all so beautiful! We don't have these fancy colours here :)
I run a mixed breeding group and have gotten some really cool colors......you can possibly “make” some new colors from what you have available!! myshire offers some rally good genetics videos on youtube and if you tell us what you have, we can possibly help you group them to work on new colors!

Will mine look like this after a while or did I get a messed up color 😂 I won't care if it's messed up because I really like it.

This is the snowy 🤷🏼‍♀️

View attachment 2125121
no you didn’t mess up.....that looks to be a snowy!!! there is a lot of variation in the color and patterns.....this one is feathering out beautifully!!! i’m excited to see it as an adult!!!

I run a mixed breeding group and have gotten some really cool colors......you can possibly “make” some new colors from what you have available!! myshire offers some rally good genetics videos on youtube and if you tell us what you have, we can possibly help you group them to work on new colors!

I'm not too fussed about getting rare mutations, but I currently have five female wildtypes, a female italian, two male italians, a male rosetta, a male Texas A&M and two male tuxedoes. Yes I know, 6 males to 6 females doesn't work, but I'm planning to get more females soon.

Back
Top Bottom