Quail color identification examples (adult/fully feathered)

I'm not too fussed about getting rare mutations, but I currently have five female wildtypes, a female italian, two male italians, a male rosetta, a male Texas A&M and two male tuxedoes. Yes I know, 6 males to 6 females doesn't work, but I'm planning to get more females soon.
i have way toooooo many males right now.....of course it’s the noise that concerns me more than the ratio.....it’s gonna be difficult choosing who gets to stay and who has to go!!

Do they really make that much noise?

Mine are still chirping nothing else
it depends on individual situation i guess.....in my “urban small homestead” setting, 1 duck and 1 pheasant + 12 coturnix roos can be heard all over the neighborhood all hours of day and night!!! my major complaint was over a chicken rooster crowing, but in my case, i have to be xtra careful not to “pee off” the neighbors!

it depends on individual situation i guess.....in my “urban small homestead” setting, 1 duck and 1 pheasant + 12 coturnix roos can be heard all over the neighborhood all hours of day and night!!! my major complaint was over a chicken rooster crowing, but in my case, i have to be xtra careful not to “pee off” the neighbors!

Yeah, and when you have eight parrots (including three noisy galahs).

When do the males start making noise

Already knew that part... Looking for weeks estimate. But I will message @muddy75 with my questions. Thanks
it varies but generally 6-8 weeks......my quail are mixed ages as well as colors from 6 weeks to 1 year+.and I have crowers at all intervals. @Kiki has had quiet males overall that didn’t crow that early.

Back
Top Bottom