QUAIL EAR INFECTION PLEASE HELP!

Birds1243

Chirping
Dec 23, 2023
I just spotted some redness around one of the females ears. Had a peak behind the feathers and to my surprise she has an ear infection. It seems to be early(ish) stages but there is a bump or two. Seems painful for a small little birdy :( how can I help her?! (She’s 8 months old :), has two other female friends and one male)

Can you post pics? I would start by making sure everything is clean. I use saline solution to wash injuries. We may have some better advice for you when we can see what it looks like.

Can you post pics? I would start by making sure everything is clean. I use saline solution to wash injuries. We may have some better advice for you when we can see what it looks like.
Here are some pictures. She kept moving her head :) so tried to get the best I could

Attachments

• IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6416.jpeg
    IMG_6416.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6413.jpeg
    IMG_6413.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 9
This is something that I've never had to deal with, but I would start with giving a good saline rinse (make sure to lean her head to drain the solution out), and the an anti-bacterial ointment. One without pain killer since many of those are toxic to birds.

@007Sean - Would an anti-bacterial ointment help?

This is something that I've never had to deal with, but I would start with giving a good saline rinse (make sure to lean her head to drain the solution out), and the an anti-bacterial ointment. One without pain killer since many of those are toxic to birds.

Ok will do. Can you link a specific one? (UK) thanks

Idk, I have never had a quail with an ear infection.....I'm guessing it couldn't hurt as long as you don't apply too much and dirt gets mixed in with the ointment.

Back
Top Bottom