quail has kinked neck?

yakitori

Crowing
Jun 22, 2020
New York
This little day old quail chick had spraddle legs which I fixed by tying his ankles together with a bandaid. However, as he became more active, I noticed that his head is kinked so that it looks loke he’s always cocking his head to the left. Is there anyway I can fixed this?

He’s super active, eats and drinks like a champ...

My gosh, quail babies are adorable. It appears it could be a mild case of wry neck. Give vitamin E 400iu with finely minced boiled egg until the condition corrects. It's perfectly okay to give the egg with E oil mixed in to all of the chicks. The afflicted chick would be much more likely to eat it if you give it to all of them. It won't take but a couple of days.

My gosh, quail babies are adorable. It appears it could be a mild case of wry neck. Give vitamin E 400iu with finely minced boiled egg until the condition corrects. It's perfectly okay to give the egg with E oil mixed in to all of the chicks. The afflicted chick would be much more likely to eat it if you give it to all of them. It won't take but a couple of days.
I was wondering whether it could be wry neck? but wasn’t sure since it’s not flopping around like all the ones I saw on youtube, I’ll go get some vit E oil tomorrow!

Mr kink neck became even more kinked overnight :(

I went out and got vit E capsule as soon as walmart opened. I actually forgot to bring my credit card and had to ask someone else to pay for me and give them cash because Walmart no longer accepted cash, it was soooo embarrassing...

anyhooooo :oops:
I mixed some raw egg yolk and vit E, syringed it onto Mr kink neck’s beak and fed him until he refused to eat anymore of the mixture. Fingers crossed for improvement!

I'm afraid I would have made a scene and gotten myself arrested if my Walmart refused to accept cash. In fact, I have raised my voice in the past when the cashier refused to accept rolls of quarters or too many dollar bills (egg money). My line was, "Ya gotta take it! It's MONEY!" Yeah, didn't work. The bank branch in the store wouldn't take it, either. When I'm required to have a smart phone to buy groceries, I'm getting off the planet.

I'm afraid I would have made a scene and gotten myself arrested if my Walmart refused to accept cash. In fact, I have raised my voice in the past when the cashier refused to accept rolls of quarters or too many dollar bills (egg money). My line was, "Ya gotta take it! It's MONEY!" Yeah, didn't work. The bank branch in the store wouldn't take it, either. When I'm required to have a smart phone to buy groceries, I'm getting off the planet.
I tried to pay with apple pay too, and they said it wasn’t available 😡

Only credit cards, no cash anywhere in the store aside from customer service... which wasn’t open and wouldnt have been able to check out anyway!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom