Quail hatch. Follow along.

Pics
I have no idea, but do you have any .. is it called nutri drop?.. I don't know what exactly it's called. I wish I could help more, maybe @007Sean @Kiki @eddie_van_quailen have some idea. I can't remember any other usernames, I just know these people do quail.
Yes I have nutri drench and I've given it to them directly and through their water. I've raised quail before but have never seen them die like this.

Yes I have nutri drench and I've given it to them directly and through their water. I've raised quail before but have never seen them die like this.

I'm sorry to hear they're having a rough go. Unfortunately I don't really know anything about Gambel's quail... I would just rule out the common issues with any chicks (incubation issues, brooder temp, nutrition, substrate, exposure to harmful substances, etc.) but I assume you've probably done that already. Ruling that stuff out always leaves the weird genetic stuff and the who-knows-why failure to thrive. I'm sorry ☹️ People with Gambel's experience might have more helpful advice.

I'm sorry to hear they're having a rough go. Unfortunately I don't really know anything about Gambel's quail... I would just rule out the common issues with any chicks (incubation issues, brooder temp, nutrition, substrate, exposure to harmful substances, etc.) but I assume you've probably done that already. Ruling that stuff out always leaves the weird genetic stuff and the who-knows-why failure to thrive. I'm sorry ☹️ People with Gambel's experience might have more helpful advice.
Thank you. I have raised coturnix, gambels, and scaled quail but have very rarely seen them die out if the blue

1686642172473.png

Vetrx Poultry Aid, 2 fl.oz https://a.co/d/1gMnaSn
This is a brand of antibiotics I use for my birds, I also normally give them medicated food for the first week of their life to give them that extra boost. But sadly it's unavailable on Amazon and I don't know any other places to get it, I can send a picture if you want?

This might help, I'm also doing research on what might also be happening to the chicks
Thank you so much for your help. I've been researching coccodiosis and it seems like my quail may have caught a strain of it. I clean their feed and water every day and their brooder once every 2 days. Although, I am on a trip right now and I can't clean it as frequently that is probably why they caught it.

Thank you so much for your help. I've been researching coccodiosis and it seems like my quail may have caught a strain of it. I clean their feed and water every day and their brooder once every 2 days. Although, I am on a trip right now and I can't clean it as frequently that is probably why they caught it.
Ok, I know one of the best medications for coccidiosis I helped my chickens when they got it. I can send picture of it, because I can't remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom