Quail hatch. Follow along.

I'm posting today's update a little early. I candled the eggs earlier to check to see if there was any growth at all and to my surprise all of them looked like they had some growth in them, but one of the eggs looked different than the others. Has it exploded? There was several tiny little dots on the top of the egg which you may be able to see in the picture. Does anyone know what happened? Today is day 4.

Attachments

• 20230419_135140.jpg
    20230419_135140.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'm posting today's update a little early. I candled the eggs earlier to check to see if there was any growth at all and to my surprise all of them looked like they had some growth in them, but one of the eggs looked different than the others. Has it exploded? There was several tiny little dots on the top of the egg which you may be able to see in the picture. Does anyone know what happened? Today is day 4.
Wow they are growing perfectly. That other egg might be either a early death or it's growing faster by a day and the dot you see might be the start of new veins growing from the embryo.

Today is day 5. I candled the eggs to check for growth again and to my surprise all of them are fertile and developing! They have several veins already. I belive those dots have nothing to do with the egg and are just there because of the light shining through. So 12/12 are fertile and developing.

Attachments

• 20230420_110700.jpg
    20230420_110700.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello! Today is day 6 and everything is going well all eggs are still developing and doing good. I have the 30 other eggs coming in next week. I have one question though, I have decided to keep the eggs in the incubator with the other eggs when they are hatching. My question was will the other 30 eggs be affected if I raised the humidity to 55% for a couple of days for the eggs I had originally? (I would raise the humidity to simulate lockdown.) I was asking this because even though I won't turn off the egg turner, I didn't know if it would lead to a lower hatch rate for the other 30 eggs.

Today is day 9! The egg turner flipped one of the eggs backward this morning so I took it out and candled it and I couldn't belive it. The little quail was starting to move back and forth in the egg! I held it still to make sure it was actually moving and not just me but sure enough it was moving. I also have good news about the other eggs. They will arrive on Thursday around 12 pm

Today is day 10! Halfway through till lockdown. The other eggs are coming a day early which is today! They will be here by noon. The eggs in the incubator are doing well. Humidity is stable and temp is stable. Unfortunately though I did find the cold spot in the incubator as it is 3 degrees below the target. Although it is frustrating it is that far below the target I don't think it will affect them as they turn every hour. I will update and send pics when the other eggs get here.

Back
Top Bottom