Quail hatched early in incubator. Lockdown not over. Help.

Lowmask2

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
I am incubating coturnix quail and started locking down at day 14 with temperature 100 and 65 humidity. Two eggs have hatched but the others have not hatched. They hatched on 15, its now almost day 17. Its been almost 48 hrs since the first two hatched.

How long do i keep chicks in the incubator before taking them out?
What if the lock down period isn’t over but the quail eggs have been in there for more than 48 hrs?
The other eggs haven’t hatched but the lockdown period is almost over. Can i open the incubator move them to the brooder even thought the other eggs might get shrink wrapped.
I also have a chick with splayed legs. Do i need to take it out early? Or keep it inside the incubator before fixing the legs n

You should take them out right away. They can be left in for 24 hours, for quail 48 hours is pushing it a bit. The one with splay should be fixed ASAP. I fix splay by chaining 3 rubber chick bands together and putting one leg in each end link. When you remove the chicks do it quickly. You can put in a damp paper towel to get the humidity back up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom