Quail help

This may seem rude and I apologize for that. Asking when can they go outside leads me to believe you need to do quite a bit more research about coturnix. You should read through the stickies thread, as well as the links in my signature line regarding raising cots or gamebirds.

Brooding chicks is something that has to be done with a little care or you can lose the whole lot of them.

When brooding chicks they are coming from the incubator which should be right at 100*F. They can't change temp too much from there without getting shocked. Your brooder should be set at 95*F air temp and the floor under the light should be around 105*F or less.

The first whole week keep the brooder temp at 95*. Every seven days lower the temp by 5*F, until the birds are fully molted into their adult feathers. At the end of the 4th week they should be fully feathered and you'll be able to wean them off the light.

If you just want to see what colors they are available in visit Jamesmariefarms.com

Thank you. Sorry I was not very clear. I already read through the pages on here. They are living in a heated room. Its 85 f in here. I keep reading 4wks they can go outside but its getting cold here. None of them have a light. The younger two are at the top of the room and the poly box helps keep them warm. There is no sign of them being cold

Back
Top Bottom