Quail Keeper Brits UNITE πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Random question. How are you going to breed your birds? Are you going to get a cock and five hens and then keep the original flock and keep the chicks with the fullest breasts for breeding? Just interested. I may be a bit more active in this thread in a year or so because I’m looking in to quail
I will start with a male and at least 3 females while I am using my small run but when I have finished building my big run I will move them in there. Then I will (hopefully) get a broody hen and hatch out some chicks. I will keep the best for breeding and, to put it bluntly, eat whoevers left! I will also occasionaly swap over my male to keep in-breeding to a minimum. This is all an experiment, and no doubt I will be going off plan at some point, but I will see!!!

I will start with a male and at least 3 females while I am using my small run but when I have finished building my big run I will move them in there. Then I will (hopefully) get a broody hen and hatch out some chicks. I will keep the best for breeding and, to put it bluntly, eat whoevers left! I will also occasionaly swap over my male to keep in-breeding to a minimum. This is all an experiment, and no doubt I will be going off plan at some point, but I will see!!!
Good plan. Would recommend five females for every male

I have been keeping quail for two years took while starting have over 20+ I'm feeding them haygates layer but found out its only 19% protein when they need over 20, so adding other seeds like sunflower and pumpkin

Back
Top Bottom