Quail Keeper Brits UNITE πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Daniel Grey

Chirping
Mar 4, 2024
UK
Hello! To all quail keepers out there, I thought I could create a quail thread like the state threads and country threads. Seeing as there is probably a good many quail keepers scattered about, this is going to be one for the brits!πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ I encourage you to create one for your own state/ country!

Hi that is a good idea . I have 12 Quail and they are super little birds to look after, and lay lots of eggs . They are kept under cover and as draught free as possible. Staying in Ayrshire.

Ali T, where do you source your quail feed? I am having difficulty finding some.
I order mine online from Heritage Poutry and Livestock: https://heritagelivestock.co.uk/product-category/animal-feeds/quail-feed/?v=79cba1185463. Their starter pack was good value and really helpful for a first-time quail keeper, though I see it's currently out of stock.

I'm in East Sussex. I have 10 ducks and a pair of Shetland geese and started this year with quail. I'm finding them hard to hatch: of my first batch of 12, 7 hatched, one died immediately and I found one (now fully-grown) dead in the cage yesterday morning. Of the second batch of 12, two died during hatching and 5 survived, but of them one died overnight and one had splayed feet that I couldn't correct and died after a week. So 4 adults and 3 chicks from two dozen mixed coturnix hatching eggs.

I order mine online from Heritage Poutry and Livestock: https://heritagelivestock.co.uk/product-category/animal-feeds/quail-feed/?v=79cba1185463. Their starter pack was good value and really helpful for a first-time quail keeper, though I see it's currently out of stock.

I'm in East Sussex. I have 10 ducks and a pair of Shetland geese and started this year with quail. I'm finding them hard to hatch: of my first batch of 12, 7 hatched, one died immediately and I found one (now fully-grown) dead in the cage yesterday morning. Of the second batch of 12, two died during hatching and 5 survived, but of them one died overnight and one had splayed feet that I couldn't correct and died after a week. So 4 adults and 3 chicks from two dozen mixed coturnix hatching eggs.
Ah thanks!

Hello! To all quail keepers out there, I thought I could create a quail thread like the state threads and country threads. Seeing as there is probably a good many quail keepers scattered about, this is going to be one for the brits!πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ I encourage you to create one for your own state/ country!
Random question. How are you going to breed your birds? Are you going to get a cock and five hens and then keep the original flock and keep the chicks with the fullest breasts for breeding? Just interested. I may be a bit more active in this thread in a year or so because I’m looking in to quail

Back
Top Bottom