Quail Losing Feathers

May I also suggest that you pick a couple of these boxes from the grocery store for free... To fill with dirt to put in the cages.
I would also suggest putting the feed container inside of a box with dirt so they don't waste so much feed.

JPEG_20210924_151134_9088188475244024755.jpg

I believe that bird that has the bareback has been overbred It could also be old.

Are you aware that 2 years old is quite old for a Coturnix?

Do you have any idea how old these birds are?
From what I can see in your pictures none of those birds are feather sexable.
These birds are right at one year old according to the coworker I took them from. Is it normal for them to overbreed one and not the other females in the cage?

This is a great idea. A dust bath would help if it is something like mites
These birds are right at one year old according to the coworker I took them from. Is it normal for them to overbreed one and not the other females in the cage?
I doubt it's mites.

Well... Do you know how many were in each cage while your friend had them?

I just went out to take this video...it's dark but you should be able to see how I have those dirt boxes covering most of the floor.
If you can't tell I'll get better pictures or a video tomorrow during daylight hours.

I just went out to take this video...it's dark but you should be able to see how I have those dirt boxes covering most of the floor.
If you can't tell I'll get better pictures or a video tomorrow during daylight hours.

With this taking up most of the floor do they then dedicate in the box? If it isn’t mites, would you want that much drop through space taken up? Or maybe help me understand more on the why

Back
Top Bottom