Quail newbie from FLORIDA!!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by QuailHart, Feb 4, 2016.

1. QuailHart

QuailHart Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2016
    Oviedo, FL
    Greetings!! I'm new to raising quail and I've familiarized myself with some of the forums under backyardchickens. What a great resource!!! We currently have 8 - 5 week old coturnix quail and 13 - 2 1/2 week old coturnix quail. My husband and I are breeding our quail for dog training, eggs and quail meat. We started to build our first quail hutch at the beginning of the week and plan to move the first 8 outside from the brooder (in the garage) to the new hutch. We hope to post some pics of our quail hutch in the upcoming days...

Thanks,

QuailHart

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I'm glad that you find our site useful and i wish you the best of luck with your quail raising adventure.

All the best
    CT

3. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens hope you enjoy it as much as we do. For specific quail information, you can post on the "Quail thread."

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by