Quail not mating

Pics
Her mate likes to sit with her sometimes too. I even saw a few eggs under him.
IMG_20200709_130848.jpg

Her mate likes to sit with her sometimes too. I even saw a few eggs under him.
View attachment 2234610
A lovely couple 💞💞💞. He is a great mate. Would love to see your chicks soon with their mama.
It seems very difficult for mine to make it through the hatching sice it is a homemade incubator without any thermometer and humidity guage.but i am trying to keep everything almost constant... I am so afraid of the fear of losing my chicks. Wish me good luck

I had a pair of quails who I bought together when they were two months old. The female never laid eggs and the male tried to mate with her, but was always unsuccessful. Two months later, the male suddenly died (I'm not sure how). I bought another male and female (who was already laying. She laid an egg on the way home) who were about the same age as my other female. The male was immediately mating with both females. The next day, both females laid, and they both laid every day for the next few months (until one went broody).

Is the male related to the females? Did they grow up together? Sometimes, when they grew up together, the don't form a mate bond, but rather still see each other as siblings (this especially happens with king quails though). This could be nothing to do with it.

Also, sometimes the males aren't quite as hormone crazy.

He is a beautiful male by the way 😍
Probably siblings

Back
Top Bottom