Quail (Pics on page 2)

Tikkajazz94

Songster
11 Years
Feb 7, 2008
Southern Alberta, Canada
So I'm picking up my Quail up tomorrow (after I clean the garage today). I Wanted to know If 5 week olds should be in the brooder still or should I start to get a condo ready for them?
Today its 25C out and gets 10C at night.... its going to be a indian summer (again)... anythoughts?

Last edited:
ah Okay. Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Another question, As Im getting the Brooder ready. Im going to use a hermit crab water dish for water. Should I put marbles in if their (two days short) 5 week olds? I don't have marbles would Big beads (For a necklace) do the trick? Or is there anything else I can use instead?

Quote:
at 5 weeks id be turning the lights off during the day and just on at night... begin weaning them off the lamps very soon.... by 7 weeks they should be considered your breeders... 7-12 weeks is when my coturnix begin laying and breeding.

So My dad asked me How big will my coturnix quail be, I said bigger than a Bobwhite and smaller than a grouse. And the jumbo coturnix are the size of a grouse (Maybe). So Am I right?

(Please note, The reason Posting here is I don't want to Open another topic)

Last edited:
Quote:
Grouse are heavily built like other Galliformes such as chickens. They range in length from 31 cm (12 in) to 95 cm (37 in), in weight from 0.3 kg (11 oz) to 6.5 kg (14 lb).​

Quote:
7 week old coturnix are....Grown birds!

At some point you have to turn off the lights.............I thought I was an "Over Brooder". Guess not
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom