Quail poop and Worms

Lowmask2

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
is there a worm that can eat quail poop?
Im looking for a method to use the poop as compost but idk and can’t find any good sources.

i was wondering if there was a worm that quail eat but also the worms eat quail poop as well.

According to a friend, compost worms eat quail poop.

I have red wigglers for composting and I think the quail poop heats up too hot for the worms. Maybe if you mix it in with enough "browns" you can try it with a small batch. The birds will eat the worms if presented.

I like deep bedding/composting in the quail pens, then throwing it into a compost tumbler for about 3 weeks to mulch. The manure is gardening gold.

Do a search on deep bedding on this site to get some ideas.

According to a friend, compost worms eat quail poop.

I have red wigglers for composting and I think the quail poop heats up too hot for the worms. Maybe if you mix it in with enough "browns" you can try it with a small batch. The birds will eat the worms if presented.

I like deep bedding/composting in the quail pens, then throwing it into a compost tumbler for about 3 weeks to mulch. The manure is gardening gold.

Do a search on deep bedding on this site to get some ideas.
Yeah, compost worms will definitely eat the quail poo - I think the tough part will be the worms getting to the poo before the quail get to the worms though! Like @CovidtimeQuail said, I would just shovel the quail poo into a normal compost bin if you have one, and then after a month or so you can use it on your garden :)

Back
Top Bottom