Quail Processing **GRAPHIC PICS**

becky3086

Crested Crazy
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
Thomson, GA
So I promised myself I would process a few quail today and it turned out dreary and rainy looking out so I only did 5 of the males. I took pics for you all but it isn't a whole lot different that doing chickens except no scalding, I dry pluck.

Here is the soda bottle cone
quailcone.jpg

The only knife I use for quail.
quailknife.jpg

I don't like to wonder if I cut the throat good enough so I take the head completely off with the first cut.

quaildead.jpg

Quail in the bucket
quail5dead.jpg

After plucking, of course, if you are going to take pictures, the skin is going to tear .
quailplucked.jpg

Inside for the cleaning
quailready5.jpg

Just a little cut big enough to get the tip of a finger in, then I just tear it. Clean out the cavity and I usually cut the tail right off.
quailready6.jpg

Save heart, gizzard and liver for giblet gravy
quaildone7.jpg

The end
quailinwater8.jpg

Aren't we supposed to put "graphic pics" on all the pictures of butchering? I thought we were. Anyway, they aren't real graphic to me either but I thought I was supposed to.

LOL... I'm excited to try them out!

After butchering all of those turkeys I'm not going to know what to do with that tiny thing....

Yeah, I bet. They are small and easy to do but you have to do a lot of them to get a meal. If it is nicer out tomorrow, I will do some more. I just didn't want to get rained on today.

Quote:
yes i find things like that interesting but i COULD NOT watch it since i raised the animal i dont think i could cut its head off and "gut" him
tongue.png

EDIT: haha did ANYONE notice the cat below the picture of the quail? waiting for treats

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom