Quail Questions!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Adri_San27, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Adri_San27

Adri_San27 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    First, can I keep buttons with my Coturnix?? Buttons are sooooo cute but I wouldn't want them to get beat up or anything.

Second, (sorry this is totally random) I am a landscape architecture student and must have a landscape that has a large llama pen and duck pond as part of a design. I was thinking of lumping the animals together, with the pond inside the llama pen. Is that stupid?? Would the ducks get trampled?? I need some information so that I can defend my design!! Feedback is much appreciated!

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Duck Vs Llama--- Idk? I Wouldnt See Any Problems With That 1, But Coturnix Vs Button= Bad Mojo Here!!! Those Coturnix Are Gonna Mess Them Buttons Up Like An Outbreak Of Polio!

3. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I agree with Jeff. I do have to say that my first buttons lived happily with my old Japanese quail for over a year I think it was a lucky flunk. I would not ever do it again.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  4. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    NO buttons and coturnix together,it will be like some type of civil war in there,and yes im pretty sure you can keep llamas with ducks,they will probibly pretect em if a dog or coyote comes.

5. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Civil War? Eh Not So Much..... More Like The Great Indian Masacre At Wounded Knee!

6. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    lolz

7. Adri_San27

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    aww ok if you guys say so about the buttons!

8. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Besides Wa Is Way Too Cold To Keep Buttons Outside--- They'll Freeze Their Lil Buttons Off!

9. Adri_San27

Sep 13, 2009
    Pullman, WA
    would my coturnix be ok??? their hutch is undercover and protected against the side of my home. and they have a nice roomy nest box where they can all huddle if its super cold!

10. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I put my coturnix in a round calf hutch in the winter works great, the buttons live in the house for winter, there to cute to go any where else

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by