Quail ratio.

-Chanticleer-

Crowing
May 18, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have two males in with nine females. All have been raised/hatched together so far no issues. The quail are nine weeks old. Is this a good ratio? I have twelve technically total but removed one male today. The one removed had been pulling feathers and pecking the other quails. I plan on culling him tomorrow just want to know if I need to add another male to the pot.

I have two males in with nine females. All have been raised/hatched together so far no issues. The quail are nine weeks old. Is this a good ratio? I have twelve technically total but removed one male today. The one removed had been pulling feathers and pecking the other quails. I plan on culling him tomorrow just want to know if I need to add another male to the pot.
Tbh as long as the males are getting along with no problems you should be fine and should have a good fertility rate. But if they start fighting or pulling feathers excessively I would remove one.

Tbh as long as the males are getting along with no problems you should be fine and should have a good fertility rate. But if they start fighting or pulling feathers excessively I would remove one.
Ok, the other two are pretty docile and the only two who don’t mind being held. They are already foaming but I haven’t seen them mount. I’ll just keep an eye out. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom