Quail set up cage inside set out side during the day will this work?

Moving your quail every day & every night will not make you, or your birds happy.

We have made an outdoor aviary for ours with hardwire cloth on all six sides to keep the predators out. The the hardwire cloth on the bottom skirts out to the outside of the aviary so predators can not dig in & quail cannot dig out. We covered the bottom layer of hard wire cloth with a thick layer of dirt & sand. They love to bathe in the sand & the dirt is deep enough to plant things like kale, lettuce, rosemary, camomile, etc. We lined the bottom 2’ of the walls with a clear corrugated plastic to keep some of the damp, coastal draft off of them.

The aviary is tall enough to have a thin, human sized door so we can easily get in to clean. Plants & UVB sunshades help keep them from getting too much sun.

(*Note: Quail can fly up erratically & hurt their heads on a caged ceiling. Ours is very tall & very well padded with plants to help keep them from accidentally injuring themselves.)
E23087FE-99E9-4083-81D8-DDB918FED3C3.jpeg

2599656D-D1DC-480B-9D97-2FA485DBB83F.jpeg

C0D87C4F-668D-44AE-83D7-B3ACE46CB6A7.jpeg
391507E6-3BE5-4BE0-9D61-52CD0FA432E8.jpeg

35FC68E0-883C-418C-AD4C-5DEA12583731.jpeg

Last edited:
On a side note. After years of building coops & runs that eventually grow too small, we started building everything in panels. This initially takes a little more wood to frame the panels, but it’s very sturdy & when it’s time to expand, you can very easily just add more panels. I hope that makes sense. It’s been an enormous time & labor saver.

Moving your quail every day & every night will not make you, or your birds happy.

We have made an outdoor aviary for ours with hardwire cloth on all six sides to keep the predators out. The the hardwire cloth on the bottom skirts out to the outside of the aviary so predators can not dig in & quail cannot dig out. We covered the bottom layer of hard wire cloth with a thick layer of dirt & sand. They love to bathe in the sand & the dirt is deep enough to plant things like kale, lettuce, rosemary, camomile, etc. We lined the bottom 2’ of the walls with a clear corrugated plastic to keep some of the damp, costal draft off of of them.

The aviary is tall enough to have a thin, human sized door so we can easily get in to clean. Plants & UVB sunshades help keep them from getting too much sun.

(*Note: Quail can fly up erratically & hurt their heads on a caged ceiling. Ours is very tall & very well padded with plants to help keep them from accidentally injuring themselves.)
View attachment 2752033
View attachment 2752035
View attachment 2752038View attachment 2752040
View attachment 2752050
I love this! It actually would give me an opportunity to use another skill and passion, gardening! Thank you so much for this, I absolutely adore this.

On a side note. After years of building coops & runs that eventually grow too small, we started building everything in panels. This initially takes a little more wood to frame the panels, but it’s very sturdy & when it’s time to expand, you can very easily just add more panels. I hope that makes sense. It’s been an enormous time & labor saver.
I sent you a private note, not realizing that it was you who sent me these. Please ignore. I'm trying to do too many things at once.

Back
Top Bottom