Quail - Shaking, droopy head, very weak and skinny

TheBirdLady2001

Songster
Oct 11, 2016
Windsor, Ontario, CA
875C5DA3-8E0F-4F77-9AC9-1EF751643CFD.jpeg
I was out this morning filling up the feed and I noticed one of my Quails sitting in the back corner. Her head keeps dropping and she will jerk it up, and then it will drop down again. She’s shaking a bit, seems really week and skinny. She had a pretty long beak. Her droppings are liquidy and yellow/white colour. I got her when she was over a year old, so she must be at least 2 - 2 1/2 years old now. Could she just be old and not doing well? Or is this some type of sickness?

Last edited:
View attachment 1457637 I was out this morning filling up the feed and I noticed one of my Quails sitting in the back corner. Her head keeps dropping and she will jerk it up, and then it will drop down again. She’s shaking a bit, seems really week and skinny. She had a pretty long beak. Her droppings are liquidy and yellow/white colour. I got her when she was over a year old, so she must be at least 2 - 2 1/2 years old now. Could she just be old and not doing well? Or is this some type of sickness?
Awww, I'm so sorry about your girl. I am new to quail, but there are lots of people on here that would give good advice. From what I've been reading, it seems the lifespan for a quail is 2 to 2 1/2 years, so it may well be that she's just getting old, poor girl. What about some electrolytes? I'm just guessing here, but maybe that would help a little. I hope someone responds soon for you, good luck.

Awww, I'm so sorry about your girl. I am new to quail, but there are lots of people on here that would give good advice. From what I've been reading, it seems the lifespan for a quail is 2 to 2 1/2 years, so it may well be that she's just getting old, poor girl. What about some electrolytes? I'm just guessing here, but maybe that would help a little. I hope someone responds soon for you, good luck.
Thank you very much for the reply. I tried to give her some electrolytes, and she perked up for about 10 minutes. But unfortunately she did end up passing away. And yeah, I do believe it was from old age, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t a disease that my other birds may have gotten. But thank you very much!

Thank you very much for the reply. I tried to give her some electrolytes, and she perked up for about 10 minutes. But unfortunately she did end up passing away. And yeah, I do believe it was from old age, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t a disease that my other birds may have gotten. But thank you very much!
Awww, Sorry to hear that:( I hope it was as you said, old age.

Back
Top Bottom