Quail tip #1

Jul 12, 2019
Miamisburg, OH
Hello, Myshire Farm will try and has the goal of posting a tip or a piece of information about coturnix daily on here!
Tip for the day......
The weather is changing which means you have to also. If you take care of your quail the same during the summer as you do the winter then you will lose egg production or lose quail. Make sure you are mindful of the environment to help them keep producing and being healthy and happy. Example... for chicks make sure you release some heat during the day while it is warmer and insulate them at night to keep them around the same temp. Do not overheat them or let them get too cold.

This is great but I've not had any problems , ever, with it being too cold here in south Texas to have to worry about adding heat.

We are lucky we don't have to deal with freezing temperatures.

What do you think is too cold for quail?

This is great but I've not had any problems , ever, with it being too cold here in south Texas to have to worry about adding heat.

I'm having trouble brooding outside. Cold enough for heat at night. Leave for work. Do I leave heat on or not?

Hello, Myshire Farm will try and has the goal of posting a tip or a piece of information about coturnix daily on here!
Tip for the day......
The weather is changing which means you have to also. If you take care of your quail the same during the summer as you do the winter then you will lose egg production or lose quail. Make sure you are mindful of the environment to help them keep producing and being healthy and happy. Example... for chicks make sure you release some heat during the day while it is warmer and insulate them at night to keep them around the same temp. Do not overheat them or let them get too cold.
Greeting and salutations Zack! Noble goal! Please don't over extend yourself. Daily tips, while appreciated, sound like a lot of work.

I'd like to keep your time here pleasant and enjoyable. Looking forward to learning more.
WHAT!? You have heat on now?
You are killing me Nutty.

I guess if you have to... just leave it on.
I could quit work & baby the quail. I turn it off in the morning. Does that help?

Well, it is 16C = 60.8F here today + raining and I have put the cage hat. I would be very interested to know how cold could Coturnix tolerate.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_122010.jpg
    IMG_20191004_122010.jpg
    990.1 KB · Views: 3

Typically in Texas or areas like that you really should not have to worry about changing behavior much

Back
Top Bottom