Quails

I wish I could say that I do but the fat is noticed at cull time, it lines areas that just shouldn't have it and must be trimmed. But here's one that's in no danger of anorexia. Feet aren't even almost showing. lol
Hehehe!! My hen of the same coloring is all fluffy and dumpy like yours and is most likely to not make it when she tries to jump to the shelf
1f605.png
Entertaining and sad at the same time!!
1f61d.png

Hehehe!! My hen of the same coloring is all fluffy and dumpy like yours and is most likely to not make it when she tries to jump to the shelf
1f605.png

Entertaining and sad at the same time!!
1f61d.png

She has such a cool personality, one of about 6 or 7 out of 40 that I can pick up with no objections. One of my Silver Tux follows me around when I gather eggs. I place the basket down to pick some up, have to remove her from the basket, put the eggs in the basket, repeating throughout both connected aviaries. I go out one door and in the other and she already ran through the pop door and is standing there waiting for me. Coolest thing.

Last edited:
Hahaha!! Is she one of those egg crazy hens? I watched a YouTube video on person who kept adding eggs to where the poor hen was, she kept trying to gather them all up but more and more and more kept coming
1f602.png

In her yearbook it says, "Most likely to brood a clutch of eggs". She climbs in the basket and inspects the eggs, trying to adjust them like a worried momma.

@Binki

The camera light threw her off so she wasn't as much of a busy body but I thought you'd like to see her in action.

@Binki The camera light threw her off so she wasn't as much of a busy body but I thought you'd like to see her in action.
Awwwww!!! She's so beautiful and egg crazy LOL - I adore your basket too :p super nice coloring! Thanks so much for taking and sharing the pictures hehe! As always, I love your birds/setup ^^

Thanks Binki!

Outside is all covered up for the last two days. Wool blankets on the overhang 2 feet back from the front wall keeping the snow out but ventilation full. Nice and cozy inside this morning.

Pic from a few minutes ago.

That's a really great idea!! We put plastic (drop sheeting) over the hardware cloth on our chicken run and although it's a lot cozier, it definitely condenses the smell
1f61c.png
Your idea is much better for ventilation :)

The majority of my quail are in the attached garage, I was going to winter proof the aviary but I'm glad I decided against it for the freezing water changes and snow blocking the door
1f606.png
And they're warmer and safer in the garage hutch :)

Back
Top Bottom