QuailShaQ 101.1

Quote:
things go well, and BigJim will have some BigBrownBirds
wink.png

appreciate you "paying it forward", and it will be coming back your way.

Quote:
Hope ya' have a killer hatch TD. Nothin' like settin' a batch of shipped eggs, and all the hopes and dreams that come with it. I just set a couple dozen of Charlie's Slatebelt Monster Bobwhite eggs yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes. Bobwhite eggs as big as coturnix eggs. I had a tough time settin' them in the GQF quail rails without them rubbin' on each other.

I'm shootin' for the Moby Quail of the bobwhite world, and if you have ever seen pics of Charlie's giants, you would know what I mean. I hope they grow as big and fast as the Butlers that I got from JJ. At 5 weeks old they were already bigger than my adult Northerns. If anybody is lookin' for some smokin' Butler Bobs, JJ's stuff is top notch.

I was letting ya''ll guess
smile.png

mostly red "devil" bobwhites, white "banshee" bobwhites, with a few regular "junkyard" bobwhites- the "b'bubba" bobwhites from JJ should be a day or two more...

just got done cleaning and disinfecting brooder bins. will need them, see who makes it next couple weeks, I have heard the horror stories of these feathered terriers, plenty of bins, lights and GBS 28 and 30% ready to rock and roll.

now have the jumbo brown coturnix in the bator looking good, will start turning them tomorrow eve.

plenty of room for everyone at the QuailShaQ down in Micanopy...

we also have a decent sized freezer camp we will be adding to the QuailShaQ down there as soon as I can get my long-hair buddy to get off his couch and help me lift it into my truck...

then finally, maybe I can try a few of my white birds eggs in the bator, everyone out of QT and introducing themselves like gentlemen...

So im guessin the ones with the white bibs are reds? Man, You really got it bad my friend, I know about the chickens you got stashed around that no body talks about too... Its ok, ya just got to remember the 12 steps and work the program....We're here for ya!!
lau.gif
Bill

you mean these guys and gals? that I traveled all over the South collecting...

67513_p1030064.jpg

67513_p1030097.jpg

or these bantam cornish.

67513_p1030217.jpg

I think building ShaQs keeps me humble...and out of Pirate traps...

Before-

67513_000.jpg

After-

67513_003.jpg

67513_002.jpg

the bobwhites...

here is how that happened, 4 weeks ago, won 2 auctions, 24 eggs each, white and red bobwhites, great- my luck, get half to hatch, end up with a dozen of each- right?

well, the good gent sends us over 50 red bob eggs and about 30 white bob eggs, I take them to my buddy in Alachua who has my hovabator, and where we keep the, shhh- chickens.

he sets them all, and look what we get...now ya know, If I had ordered Lavender Monkey Eggs or RoseComb Monkeys, we woulda hatched <10%

now, we get to watch these slug it out...

Back
Top Bottom