Queations about Tricide-Neo for bumblefoot

Fluffy_Feathers

Songster
6 Years
Jul 6, 2017
Missouri
Alright alright, I'm finally going to get some tricide-neo. I now have 2 chickens with bumblefoot. The new one is not very bad at all so I think I can get it non-invasively, as opposed to the first hen, who had it a lot worse.

My questions
Since I am not removing the scab on this new hen, is there any point to wrapping it? Or would it be a good idea? I will be wrapping my other hen because of the numberous scab removings I have already done.

So, a mixture can be stored and reused for 1 week. Would I be alright with using the same mixture on both hens? I figure the tricide-neo will kill the bacteria so it's not like bacteria will be transmitted between chickens...right?

I'm really hoping this works. I've heard good things about this stuff. I'm so tired of bumblefoot and now I have another hen to deal with. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

See post #2 in this link on how to use Tricide Neo:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/treating-bumblefoot-with-tricide-neo.513183/

There is no need to wrap the foot after using Trineo.
Trineo is good for 5 days and you can use the same mixture on as many birds as you wish. Make sure you use distilled water.
Hey I've got another question. How long should it take for me to see results? I've been doing this for a while, and while this new case of bumblefoot wasn't bad to begin with it isn't really improving very quickly. My other case I've been fighting for a while doesn't look to be improving on the outside, so I peeled up the new non-bumblefoot scab and underneath it had healed a good bit I think. Is the healing going on under the black scab to where I can't see? Or am I supposed to be able to actually see it?

I should clarify, the bumblefoots aren't getting worse, just not improving very noticeably on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom