Quechua Thread

Pics
The Sweet Potato are/were my first choice, but I've been reading Resolutions threads, and Yashar's descriptions and it may be Colloncas could be the better choice, because they may be more predator savvy.  Does anyone have them?  Are the Black Quechua Olmec the ones that lay the sea green eggs?

Good to know that about the Sweet Potato.  

My Olmec lay sea green/blue, cream, and brownish eggs. I have had Collonca, and they are fine, but they definitely remind me of Araucana in just about every way except they lay not always blue eggs. :oops: Olmec are very different, VERY smart, disease resistant and predator leary. That, partly I believe, is predator smarts, but also because they look like crows and hawks avoid crows. Olmec are unbelievable.

Www.backyardchickens.com/t/955283/8-black-quechua-olmec-eggs/10#post_14870687

Last edited:
I do have BQOs and Huastecs and just aquired a pair of Koro Sea and a Querto hen . I got a lot of mine from Yashar and some more from Kermit just recently . I have bred them for their specif looks since I received them . And now have some beautiful birds . I will be putting some up for auction in a few days if anyone is interested .

I have a small flock of Colloncas who have laid all winter without any extra light or heat . Mine do lay blue or blue green eggs . I have not had any problems with them they are very calm and very easy to tame . I definitely would recommend them to anyone .

I do have BQOs and Huastecs and just aquired a pair of Koro Sea and a Querto hen . I got a lot of mine from Yashar and some more from Kermit just recently . I have bred them for their specif looks since I received them . And now have some beautiful birds . I will be putting some up for auction in a few days if anyone is interested .
Will you be selling eggs?

What does EE mean?
EE is Easter Egger. It is used for chickens that do not meet the american poultry association definition of ameraucana according to their standard. It has come to be used to described nearl all blue egg shell chickens that do not meet the standard though, including Crested Cream Legbar crosses.

Nearly all of the blue egg shell laying chickens from commercial hatcheries are Easter Eggers.

What age can you sex the olmecs? I have all black ones, black ones with brown faces and ones that are chipmunk like.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom