QUES ABOUT CHICKEN DEWORMER

augiedranch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Texas
i ran a fecal at work today on my adult chickens. i am assuming my six week old may have some worms also.

i found an egg that looked like a dog hookworm, and i def found some sort of round worm.

i dont know what they are called in chickens.. our clinic only works on dogs and cats.

does anyone know of a website that sells good quality chicken wormer? and can i deworm my six week olds?

thanks for anyones help with any parasite info

smile.png

Contact a TSC they sell alot of different animal meds and might be able to help you. MM might have chicken dewormers so I would also check with them.

tractor supply is my fav store. I go there at least twice a week. however, they dont have chicken dewormer.

nobody around where i live has anything for chickens... except feed.

the nearest chicken vet is 6 hours away from me...

i was going to order wazine, but its only for rounds

i found rounds in my chickens poop, but i also found a parasite egg that looks alot like hooks.. but i dont know what they are called in chickens.

i am having trouble finding deworms for chickens that deworms more than just rounds

thanks for yalls help

I just wormed mine. It is 2cc of injectable Ivermectin in a gallon of water, for three days or .25 cc for bantam and .50 cc for standard in the mouth directly. Repeat either way in 2 weeks. No egg consumption for a week after worming. This works for me.

Since I think one of my girls has gapeworm, I spent a lot of time doing research yesterday on worming chickens. Try this site - shilalal.homestead.com. Go to "Sitemap", scroll down to "Your Bird's Health" and click on "Worming Your Birds". Ivermectin is a very potent wormer and is also effective against external parasites. Read all the warnings and decide what is best for your chickies. I found Ivomec Eprinex at TS. If you decide to use this wormer, don't forget to buy a TB syringe for application - you won't need a needle.

thanks guys! this is really helpful.

i just bought ivomec online. and some safeguard fenbendazole.

i guess ill work tomorrow and then not eat the eggs for a week... what do i do with the eggs... i feel bad not using them.. can they go under a hen? or is that a dumb question:D

Back
Top Bottom