question about a little giant from TSC

Jennings Gamefowl

Songster
10 Years
Feb 17, 2009
CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
hi its me again with a question about the still air little giant i got from TSC... I ask a question yesterday and thanks to all that replied... but my question now is on the wire rack i have the temp meter and its reading 99 but the eggs dont feel all that warm though.... is everything alright....

I don't feel much of a difference on my grate either. If you are running still air you want your temp to be 101-102 closer to 102. Forced air units should have a temp of 99.5.

Good luck!

The temperature is warmer the closer you get to the heating unit.
I have a 9200 Little Giant and use an auto egg turner with it.

I set my thermometer on a small cardboard jewelry gift box in the middle of the bator. This raised the thermometer to about even with the middle to top of the eggs and I get a better reading.
If your thermometer is on the wire mesh, you are probaby within the correct temp range.

I have successfully hatched several clutches of chick and one hatch of turkey eggs.

Have another batch of turkey eggs in the bator right now and have posted a thread for advice4 on those wild rescued eggs.

A still air unit should be set for closer to 102 Degress......
99.5 is for a forced air unit~

Good Luck!
frow.gif

Quote:

I have a LG still air - got 24 eggs ready to hatch in it right now!
I use 3 thermometers:
1 on the "floor" of the 'bator... usually runs about 98 - 99
1 on top of the eggs... usually reads about 102-103
1 is a "probe" type... i put it at egg level in a kind of water wiggler (I incubate in cartons & lay it in an empty carton)... usually reads between 99.0 - 100.2
I keep humidity between 50 - 60%
Last 3 days up to 70%
Works for me, but everyone's different. You will need to try a few things and see what works best for you.
Also... I keep my LG in a room with No Drafts/Forced Air/AC/Heat. Its up on a little table - about waist high. And I hand-turn.
Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom