Question about coloring??

lickskillet

*Home of the Shoveler*
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Kentucky
My DD bought some shipped eggs (12). One has just hatched and the other is pipped, these are the only 2 that made it to hatch day. Out of the 12 one egg was more green, not that that has any bearing at all. Lol My question is, they were supposed to be blue, but this chick is NOT blue. Can someone tell me what color it may be when grown, by the down coloring?? It is still wet, and appears to be rumpless, not sure yet on tufts/muffs. We were surprised by it to say the least! I can't wait to see what pops out of the other egg(true blue colored egg). Thanks for your help!

21241_img_1147.jpg

21241_img_1148.jpg

Sonoran Silkies, thanks for replying! They are supposed to be LF, but this chickie is on the smaller side. I'll post more pics of it in the morning. The other egg just started to zip, when it does I'll post again and add a pic of that one as well. Kind of like a box of cracker jacks with the unknown toy inside! LOL Thanks!

Edited to add: DUH! I didn't finish answering, yes they are Araucana from reputable breeder.

Last edited:
Sonoran Silkies, here are some updated pics! #2 hatched! Looks like the same coloring as the first. Shouldn't blue araucana have black or slate legs?? Thanks in advance
smile.png
UPDATE: Just went to website of the person these eggs were ordered from and they have both LF and Bantam. And it has been so long ago that these were ordered they are no longer in my ebay history. And paypal only has the title of what was bought not the description and I don't remember what this person had penned together. LOL So definatly like Forrest Gump "Life is like a box of chocolates..."
lau.gif

21241_araucana.jpg

21241_araucana1.jpg

21241_araucana2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I was thinking that upon drying they might look more splash, but I don't see that.

You might try sending the photos and pics to the breeder and ask what he/she thinks you have.

Sounds like good guesses to me, but I don't think araucanas are typically e^b?

It does look like the striping that I see on partridge silkies, though.

Araucanas have willow legs (except that whites have yellow).

Back
Top Bottom