Question about egg storage and rotation (will they hatch)

Glenmar

Songster
9 Years
Jan 17, 2011
VIRGINIA
Ok. I got some eggs from a friend. I let them rest at room temp for 10 hours before loading them in the incubator.
Upon unpacking them, I noticed that some were stored pointy side up. I asked you guys what to do and most people
said load them in the incubator and wait a while before autoturning. I loaded them and waited 24 hours before turning on the
autoturner. I called my friend to question how she treated the eggs, she said that daily she turned them end over end. That is
how some of them ended up pointy side up. So the question is are the air cells really screwed up, or will these hatch. This is my first time.

Please help.

roll.png

Last edited:
Hey I found a duck egg and i have a home-made incubator not as fancy as that but i rotate my egg every 2 hours but not at night

~Hope that Helps!!
lol.png

Glenmar, I am a new hatcher as well. My career high is 4 hatches-so I'm no expert. But I'm sure that the hens handle the eggs more roughly than that and I know that shipped eggs must be used as soccer balls. Some shipped eggs still hatch despite the rough treatment. If you reversed them pointy side down and let them sit than you could be ok. You did your best now enjoy the anticipation.

That is what I was thinking. I just wanted some reassurance since this is my first time.
thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom