Question about hatcheries and breeders that send extra chicks.

A lot of hatcheries assume if you make a small order, its because you don't have room to keep any more than what you ordered, so I don't think small orders usually have extras. I ordered 12 campbell ducks from Ideal this year (no extras and lots of in transit deaths) and 13 mixed hybrid layer ducks from Metzer Farms (no extras, but no deaths in transit.) If you really want to know use a company that packs their own, phone in your order and ask if they will.

Quote:
oh HAHAHHAH! murry mcmurrys RARE breed! waht a joke! if a rir or a bo is rare! never heared of a rare chick being sent yet!

Actually the none commercial rhode island reds are a rare breed and the true buff orpington breed is also maybe not rare to this part of the world but aren't really all that common. And This past time I got a blue cochin hen. Those really aren't that common. All three breeds are on the priority albc list.

Quote:
oh HAHAHHAH! murry mcmurrys RARE breed! waht a joke! if a rir or a bo is rare! never heared of a rare chick being sent yet!

Actually the none commercial rhode island reds are a rare breed and the true buff orpington breed is also maybe not rare to this part of the world but aren't really all that common. And This past time I got a blue cochin hen. Those really aren't that common. All three breeds are on the priority albc list.

I ordered 4 blue cochin girls and got them they are really pretty but not so sure that they're rare, What exactly is a True Buff Orpington and where do you get them? If they send you their regular Buff orpington as a rare breed from a hatchery Im very sure there not a rare breed. I have no Idea where you would even get a non commercial Rhode Island Red, Do they even sale them in hatcheries or do you have to go to a breeder to get them?
It may be just me, the pestimist, but I think rare breed, in hatchery terms translates to " Here ya go! have fun trying to figure it out. LOL because the hatcheries don't even know what there sending to ya ( the rare one that is). And 99 % of the time its a Roo, you were really lucky to get girls.
smile.png

Quote:

I ordered 4 blue cochin girls and got them they are really pretty but not so sure that they're rare, What exactly is a True Buff Orpington and where do you get them? If they send you their regular Buff orpington as a rare breed from a hatchery Im very sure there not a rare breed. I have no Idea where you would even get a non commercial Rhode Island Red, Do they even sale them in hatcheries or do you have to go to a breeder to get them?
It may be just me, the pestimist, but I think rare breed, in hatchery terms translates to " Here ya go! have fun trying to figure it out. LOL because the hatcheries don't even know what there sending to ya ( the rare one that is). And 99 % of the time its a Roo, you were really lucky to get girls.
smile.png

rare to mcmurry means "grab a random chick from the excess roo bucket". and thats the truth! and please, hatchery buff orping tons and rhode island reds are about as unrare as you can get!

Quote:
smile.png

rare to mcmurry means "grab a random chick from the excess roo bucket". and thats the truth! and please, hatchery buff orping tons and rhode island reds are about as unrare as you can get!

yup he's right they just do the grab and toss method

Back
Top Bottom