1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

question about hatchery chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by blueseal, Apr 14, 2009.

1. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i got some chicks they were shipped on a wendesday from cackle there website says we specialize in hatching purebred poultry and shipping day old chicks. so that would mean in my case they were born on a tuesday and shipped the next day. just trying to figure there exact age . so i believe they were born on march 31st and they would be 2 weeks old today. thanks.[​IMG]

2. Matoe

Matoe Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2009
    crystal coast NC
    :eek:look on the shipping box at Meyer's they print hatch time on box pura vida

3. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

I got ours from Ideal and it too said on the box when they hatched down to the date and time, I am not sure how accurate the time is but thought it was pretty neat to see.
    If I understand it right, they hatch in morning hours, sex them if that is what you requested and then stick 'em in a cozy box to be shipped out that afternoon or the next day. Ours were born monday March 2nd at 10:00 am ( according to our label) and they arrived at our postoffice tuesday at 4:45am, my husband got all mad when the post lady called so early in the morning, thinking it was a prank call, he changed his tune quickly though, once he realized who it was and why she was calling. I ran and got them and they were in their brooder by 5:45 am.

Kycklingmamma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by