1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Question about humidity and temperature...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvchikies, Sep 8, 2009.

1. luvchikies

luvchikies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Im testing my incubator because im going to put eggs on thursday and I just wanted to make sure I have the right thing. I have a LG Still-Air incubator and I think the humidity has to be at 35%-45% for the first 18 days and the temperature at 99.8f-102.0 for the first 18 days then on the last three days the humidity needs to be at 60%-70% and the temperature the same right? I have another question... I just found out that when I store eggs for hatching they should be with the pointy end down and I should turn them twice a day right??? well dumb me I didn't know that and I left the eggs in their side in the nesting box, 1 has been like that (without turning or pointy end down) for 2 days and 2 eggs have been without turning and pointy end down for one day, so are they still good to incubate or did I already messed up because I didn't turned them and I didn't had them with the pointy end down?

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

All your numbers are good an your eggs are fine.

3. Cherlyn

Cherlyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Alconbury, England
    Quote:35% might be a bit low. Closer to 45% is better, I think. This is just in my experience! [​IMG]

~Cherlyn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by