Question about Niacin and/or Brewers Yeast for Ducks

Is there any specific niacin tablets I should be buying for my 2 year old duck or just buy any? And do all niacin tablets dissolve?

You want to buy plain niacin not flush free or time released, it is said you have to ask for it because they keep it behind the counter, why I have no idea. and I think if you crush the tablet real good and mix with water it will probably dissolve better.

You want to buy plain niacin not flush free or time released, it is said you have to ask for it because they keep it behind the counter, why I have no idea. and I think if you crush the tablet real good and mix with water it will probably dissolve better.

Thanks. I might just stick to brewers yeast though if niacin is in that, sounds easier than a tablet. :)

Is this the right kind?

Niacin is very important for ducklings ... a lot of the questions have been answered in this thread. Great job guys...

I've found it best to buy the Niacin (NON FLUSH) in capsule form and mix one capsule per 1 Gallon of water. Very simple...

I supplement Niacin for my ducklings in their water from hatch to about 3 months. After that I put a capsule in their water, once a week.

If your ducks free range, chances are they will be okay, however, it wouldn't hurt to give them a capsule in their water once a week just in case.

I found this at Walmart (because I couldn't find Brewers yeast anywhere in my area and I wanted to get the dosage exact) for $2.74 :D It's just plain Niacin 100mg per tablet, so I put 1 tablet to a gallon of his water every other day now that he's doing better. The supplement I found for poultry had a list of other vitamins with the Niacin so I worried about giving him more of something than he needs. Now he just gets this along with his feed and foraging and is showing remarkable improvement after 5 days.

Back
Top Bottom