Question about NPIP?UPDATE____bad news!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so sad on many levels. So sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif

So sorry to hear this!!
hugs.gif
It's crazy. If I'm not mistaking when Dr. Barrington was talking at the Expo we had in Monroe in March it's been a really long time since they had any birds come up positive.

Yes, you will have to depopulate the positive birds and recheck the negative ones because it can spread from bird to bird.

The best thing you can do though is to check your records to tell the State where you acquired your birds from.

So sorry to hear that - I know we have not had it in Wa. in a very long time so no doubt the Dept of Ag will be looking closely at this. I would find this devastating, but still glad we have NPIP testing to keep it under wraps.

pips&peeps :

Yes, you will have to depopulate the positive birds and recheck the negative ones because it can spread from bird to bird.

The best thing you can do though is to check your records to tell the State where you acquired your birds from.

yes that's what I would do,, we don't want this spreading all over the country!!!!​

So sorry to hear that. I was reading your signature line and it says that you have 11 biddies. Will they be okay or will you need to start over fresh?
I just got mine tested too and I'm happy to say that all tested negative. I've been very selective about where I bought from, but you never know.

I'm sorry to hear about your NPIP troubles!

I'm really unfamiliar with NPIP - if someone gets approved does the tester come back out every so often to re-test to make sure the flock still passes? Or is it a one-time testing?

Back
Top Bottom