QUESTION ABOUT SIZE

Oh onewithquail and bfrancis, that is soooo mean. I know some people eat them i guess but it doesn't seem right that you would a happy dance
hit.gif
Im glad to know that there little feets don't hurt to atleast. and they can be happy up until the end.

I know you think the birds you have are pets honey but they are gamebirds, they are to be eaten. People keep Quail for eggs, food, and to get eggs to produce more food. If you have button quail then they are more of a "pet" but a pet bird is a parrot, cockatiel, things like that.

Most of the people here eat their quail, I have about 40 quail right now and 20 or so will meet their end soon, maybe as soon as this weekend. If I were going to keep every bird I hatch or "adopt" then I would have a ton of birds lol, if you just got your first bag of game starter this week you seen the price, buy 3 bags of that a week and you will see why people eat the quail lol

Coturnix are used for pets, meat, and eggs. Everyone is opinionated with this. I have some pet Coturnix going on 7 years now. I do cull when breeding, some people pick up birds for pets, etc.

My point wasnt that you cant keep them as pets, hell you can keep badgers as pets lol, people keep deer as pets, well you get the point lol

I stand corrected, sorry

Thanks a bunch quailladyofftmeyers! mochicken you are just being to silly
tongue.gif
I hope my quailies live to 7 years, i luv them so much already!

thanks everyone for the replies it sure helped.. i now know about what to expect in size .. i think i want the bigger birds myself as the bigger the better for table fare.. i plan on getting some jumbo eggs this spring from some of you on here .. im curious to find out how the feed conversion is for the jumbos compared to the regular size at say 8 weeks. ..

When I get my taxes back I am going to build a shelf system and probably get some bob's and hopefully the biggest quail I can get, I know its a stretch but I want to get 24+oz Cots, I have already talked to alot of people in my area who said if I can get them that big then they would buy tons of eggs and birds, so I know there is a market now I just wait on tax dollars to start this out lol, I hate having more dreams than money lol

Back
Top Bottom