Question about snakes

They could come out anytime it's above freezing for an extended period, but you'll find them mostly soaking up some warmth in a sunny spot, usually on some rocks. If you come across one in the shade, it's not too likely to be very agile until your temps warm up some more.

They could come out anytime it's above freezing for an extended period, but you'll find them mostly soaking up some warmth in a sunny spot, usually on some rocks. If you come across one in the shade, it's not too likely to be very agile until your temps warm up some more.
Eeeesh!! I particularly enjoy Winter because of the snake free time, but this year has been much warmer than usual. I don't like having to be on snake duty all the time.:eek:

I hear you. Do you have snake grabbers handy? And a bucket to put 'em in? I find it's easier to catch than to kill and then I take the snake to a new county to live.

Do they ever get into your run? Hate that. So do the chickens.

I hear you. Do you have snake grabbers handy? And a bucket to put 'em in? I find it's easier to catch than to kill and then I take the snake to a new county to live.

Do they ever get into your run? Hate that. So do the chickens.
The only snake grabbers I have are at the ends of my arms:( I have had chicken snakes in the coop, and other than the one I grabbed by hand I was able to get all of the others with a rake and hoe. The cottonmouths are too small to mess with the chickens and I have never seen one of them in the coop.( I have seen the girls clustered around them, pecking them though!)

Back
Top Bottom