question about the Blue dilution gene

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
blue will dilute black to Blue/splash right, this i know. now the rest is not a guess, but i don't know forshure, that is why i posted here

i know the gene involve's Bl/Bl, bl/b,l Bl/bl i believe.

i was told that blue dilution gene is Co-Domenit (sorry can't speel that right) although i do not think this is true, is it?

Thanks Much

Yes, blue acts as a diluter (if that is even a word) one copy of the blue gene will dilute black to blue, 2 copies of the blue gene = Splash. The second copy of the blue gene dilutes the blue even further to splash.
Hope this helps.
smile.png

Quote:
yhe i get this part, but it'd when i get into the BL/BL, Bl/bl , bl/bl things that mess me up.

Okay, sorry, I misunderstood. Those letter things are alien to me and I have a slight grasp on them but not enough to quote. It was already hard enough for me to learn and retain the alphabet in grammer school...lol.
gig.gif
Hopefully some one will come by and school us both.

smile.png

Blue is incompletely dominant, a bit different from codominant, but it acts like you understand that it does. bl/bl is a black bird (disregarding other genes that may affect appearance), Bl/bl is blue, and Bl/Bl is splash.

Back
Top Bottom