Question about too many eggs

Pixie Vanderbilt

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2017
Hi. This is my first year with ducks. I have five ducks and they are 7 months old. They all started laying between 20 and 25 weeks. They have all been laying everyday since then. Is that normal? I feel like they may be laying too much. Is the frequent laying bad for their health? I love the eggs, but don't want their little bodies to be stressed. Is there a way to get them to slow down egg production?

Are you giving them extra light?
It is normal for them to lay an egg when they need to... some ducks lay more then others too... Pick up a book called
Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks.
I got mine on ebay from a used book store for 3.00, normally sells for 19.99
this book will help you alot!

Are you giving them extra light?
It is normal for them to lay an egg when they need to... some ducks lay more then others too... Pick up a book called
Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks.
I got mine on ebay from a used book store for 3.00, normally sells for 19.99
this book will help you alot!

I don't give them any extra light. I will pick up the book. My main concern was that they are laying too much for their own good. The reason is because I get a lot of blood spots in the eggs and I thought that was a sign their bodies were stressed.

Our Khaki Campbells started laying between 17-20wks and have laid ever since...that was over a year ago. Ducks are much different than chickens and there is a difference between breeds too. I wouldn't be too concerned too much about it....just enjoy those Wonderful eggs all thru winter....:)

Back
Top Bottom