question about TSC chick days

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ticks, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Usually, what time does chick day usually start? Is it morning, afternoon or night. I have also heard stories about them being sold out in a flash.

2. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    they give a date for chick days to start.an that when they are supposed to have chicks.so id get there at 9am or sooner.an see if they came in.

3. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Our TSC was supposed to have their chicks starting on 4/13 through 5/1. They didn't get them in on the 13th and said they are now expecting them on 4/15 or 4/16. [​IMG]

They are supposed to be getting 1500 from Mt. Healthy.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    The one here opens at 8 and gets them as soon as the post office calls (EARLY). So far they have been sold out within an hour of getting the chicks......less the first shipment, more like half an hour.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    mine were supposed to come 4/13 and are coming 4/17 or 4/18

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Our TSC didn't get chicks in this year [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They said that they had a catalog that we could order out of but that there was a minium that u had to order.....I was so heartbroken [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i was in one today for something else and the y had a sign that said the 13th but they didnt have any yet

8. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Ours was supposed to get them 4/13 and still nothing. I was told once they do they will hold them for 3 days before selling but I don't know if that is just what this store does.

9. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    Ours here in NY was supposed to be this week. I wanted to go today but I had to resist. I know I'd end up with something I'm not supposed to have. [​IMG]

10. Burban89

Burban89 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2008
    Port Clinton, Oh
    My TSC has been selling out in 12 hours or less. They have been getting 2 deliveries a week.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by