QUESTION: Day 18 video egg candeling

Mary and Mom

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 16, 2010
United States of America
I am not sure about my daughters sebright eggs. I took a video of them. This is day 18. There is lots of light shining through and the air sac is really huge and it moves away from the inner shell lining. ALL 7 seven eggs look the same with the exception of not all have the air sac that moves. The video isn't the best but I woud like opinions on if you think they may have stopped developing. I don't exactly know how to answer her. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you seeing any movement? Air sacs that move when you turn the egg| could

be caused by improper storing and handling. The air sac being so large means humidity

is lower than what it should be.

ScissorChick

The humidity is at 61% right now. It was at 50ish until today. Our book says to increase on day 18. The egg looks about only 1/3 full. Lots of light. I don't think I see movement. But then I think I do when I turn the egg in my hand. Could that be just the inerds moving from turing it. ANy others eggs we have candled at this stage have been practically dark with the exception of the air sac. So weird.

I'd just wait it out and see what happens
wink.png

SC

The video was hard to get a real good look, but it seemed awful light for day 18.

Here is a video of day 16 on a silkie egg. See how the egg is about 3/4 full of chick and darker?

here's another

Quote:
WOW what kind of light do you use?

Not my videos. Sorry, I should have said that. But yeah they have a really strong light! I just use a little led flashlight I picked up at the parts store. I would like to have something that strong!

Back
Top Bottom