Question for bread machine experts

It is just the rapid-rise yeast! You also want to use the bread flour, not regular flour. Sorry if I'm being discouraging, but you will like your end results better.
smile.png

Definitely get some bread pans and bake in those if the crust is getting hard in the machine. It is not a lot of extra work. I bought the Breadman deluxe yesterday ($50 at target) and made a one hour recipe. It looks pretty good! However, I rarely bake in the machine, but prefer to make rolls, cinnamon buns, pizza, pan de mie, etc and use the dough setting almost every time. I've had bread machines for 20+ years (since they came out) and am much happier with oven baked loaves.

I use the regular and rapid-rise yeast at different times. For bake-in-the-machine loaves I use the rapid rise but for other things it rises too fast and the bread gets too puffy.

Last edited:
I definitely need to get some bread pans. The bread turns out just fine in the machine, but I have to cut the loaf in half to make it sandwhich-able for me.

Following a suggestion here (since I have a Sunbeam machine) I went online to look for bread recipes. I tend to agree that Sunbeam uses too much yeast or does something that causes the bread to get too heavy.

Anyway, I found a basic recipe online and made it.

The loaf fell near the end of cooking time. It was probably the best tasting loaf of bread I'd made in the machine so far. Except for the fact that it wasn't mounded at the top, it was perfect.

Any idea what causes bread to fall? Anything I can add or subtract the next time I try it?

Thanks,
Cassandra

My Sunbeam makes a perfect loaf, doesnt ever get heavy. I do make sure I use the light crust setting, as it can get a little too crusty, but the actual loaves are beautiful. They rise right up to the top and stay there. I use the quick rising yeast, according to the direction, and add wheat gluten, and all the loaves come out just perfect.

The wheat gluten is so helpful; it may solve your problem! I add 1 T per cup of flour in the recipe. Last week I only had regular all purpose flour and the bread still cooked up great with the gluten added.

Back
Top Bottom